Uma Radhika popularly known as "Chinmaya Sisters" are disciples of Madurai Sri. T.N.Seshagopalan and Neyveli Sri R.Santhanagopalan.
Blessed with sweet and mellifluous voice that sound almost as one,Uma and Radhika's talent in music was identified at a very early age by their parents Sri.R.Natesan & Smt.Bhavani Natesan, who took on themselfves the task of showing them the right direction. thus begun their musical tutelage under Neyveli Sri.R.Santhanagopalan.
They come from a family of argent devotees of Swami Chinmayananda. Having received his blessings they have been named Chinmaya sisters by their Guru Neyveli Sri.R.Santhanagopalan. They recall with pride meeting Swami Chinmanyananda and seeking his blessing to begin their musical journey as "Chinmaya Sisters".
They where brought up in Mulund, Mumbai and lived there for nearly 17 years. They were the most sought after singers in their school and have won several prizes in competitions conducted by schools and sabhas. To name a few,
Prizes from prestigious Sabhas like :
- Shanmukhananda Sangeetha Sabha
- Mulund Fine Arts Society
- Tamil Isai Sangam
- Bharatiya Music & Arts Society.
Awards & Titles :
- Recipient of MS Subbulakshmi Endowment Award from Narada Gana Sabha in 2009.
- Recipient of the title "Yuva Kala Bharathi" from Bharath kalachar in 2006.
- Recipient of the A.M.Venugopal Award from Kalakriti, Chennai
- Recipient of the title "Vedavyasa Kala Seva Ratna" from the veda Vyasa Tapovanam, chennai in 2009.
- Maharajapuram Viswanatha Iyer Memorial prize from the music Academy in 2003.
- Award from the Indian Fine Arts Society for best rendition of kritis in 2001.
- Award from the Music Academy endowed by CMANA, New Jersey for their concert in 1999.
- Best Vocalist Award from the Indian Fine Arts Society for their concert in 1997.